Personal Injury

Personal Injury

The law office of Brian M. Tanner now works side by side with the law office of Keith Hutchinson. Mr. Hutchinson has specialized solely in personal injury and worker's compensation cases for the last 33 years. He has been recognized nationally and locally for his work and is extremely competent.

Mr. Hutchinson provides counsel and assists in injury related cases. Together, Brian M. Tanner and Keith Hutchinson have a combined 43 years of experience in injury related claims.

If you have been injured in an accident, please call. We will provide a frank assessment of your case, free of charge. We can visit you if you are not able to travel or come to our office. We combine the results you expect from a large law firm, with the individualized and friendly attention you can expect from a smaller law firm. No one will fight harder for you than we will.

Personal injury claims arise when you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence. The most frequent types of personal injury claims involve motor vehicle or motorcycle accidents. However, a personal injury case can arise anywhere. The primary components involve a nexus between injury and negligence. If you have been injured at home or at your apartment and the injury relates to someone else’s negligence, you may have a claim. These are called premise liability claims. If you have had an accident at a store and are injured, you also have a personal injury claim. Like all personal injury claims, you are entitled to different types of damages for which you can recover. You are entitled to recover “special damages,” also known as economic damages, such as medical costs and current and future lost wages.

In addition, you can recover non economic damages, such as pain and suffering and/or damages related to disfigurement or loss of enjoyment of life. In Idaho, there are limitations to the amount of non-economic damages you can recover. Idaho limits non-economic damages to about $300,000. You should be careful to distinguish between property damage claims and personal injury claims. If you have lost property as a result of someone else’s negligence, you can only sue for recovery of the property. You are not entitled to pain and suffering damages normally associated with injury claims. You should also be careful to distinguish between negligence cases and intentional injury cases. Insurance companies will cover damages resulting from negligence. Many insurance companies will not cover damages caused by intentional conduct.

We Specialize In:

   •    Auto accidents
    •    Dog bites
    •    Premise liability
    •    Negligence claims
    •    Wrongful death litigation
    •    Property damage
    •    Bad faith insurance claims   •    Personal injury
       •    Workers compensation

What Can You Expect From Us?

  • Conduct personal one on one interview with you to answer your questions and educate you on your claim
  • Contact the insurance company to put them on notice and preserve claim from expiring under statute of limitations
  • Help you obtain police reports and insurance information –both from your own provider and the third party
  • Gather medical and pharmaceutical bills
  • Review your insurance policy in order to help you obtain now and in the future money for medical bills, expenses or transportation
  • Collect other evidence, such as photographs of the accident scene
  • Talk to your doctors to obtain reports, chart notes and medical summaries
  • Review your health insurance policies
  • Review your own insurance policies to look for possible coverage prior to settlement
  • Review any other options for payment including personal suits against negligent party and/or collections
  • Review case for any product liability
  • Investigate the validity of any liens on your case from doctors and hospitals.

  • Handle subrogation interests with your insurance providers in order to save you money
  • Prepare witnesses and healthcare providers
  • Conduct discovery and issue subpoenas if necessary
  • Conduct depositions
  • Contact and obtain experts if necessary
  • Prepare witnesses, experts and health care providers for deposition and/or trial.
  • Prepare and organize medical and demonstrative exhibits for trial
  • Obtain certified medical records which are admissible for trial
  • File briefs and motions with the court including motions in limine or summary judgment
  • Take the case to trial if unable to obtain a favorable settlement
  • Appeal if necessary or expedient
  • Represent you in court for Minor’s Compromise Hearings if necessary.
  • Contact medical providers in order to help you resolve billing and collections issues
If you have been seriously injured or have gone to the hospital or had surgery as a result of someone else's negligence or if there is a question regarding fault, call us immediately.  The best evidence is obtained early and if there is a question about fault, money may not be your only concern. 

Recent Personal Injury Case Victories

  • $205,000 for a hispanic immigrant who was hit by a semi-truck.
  • $100,000 for family injured in an automobile collision by drunk driver.
  • $100,000 for juvenile involved in degloving accident at a friend’s house.
  • $25,000 for juvenile who injured back in auto accident.
  • $10,000 for juvenile who suffered emotional trauma due to auto accident.
  • $35,000 for woman who injured back in an auto accident.
  • $30,000 for woman who suffered ankle injury and property damage in an auto accident.
  • $24,900 for woman who suffered chest injuries from her seat belt during a collision at an intersection.
  • $10,000 for man involved in motorcycle accident.
  • $3,500 for woman who suffered minor injuries after being hit by a school bus.
  • $23,800 for woman and child injured by a mentally unstable and reckless driver.
  • 2015 motor vehicle accident knee damage $72,000
  • Dog bite with injury to the face $100,000

Translate This Page